We recently had a Peer Advisor Group from George Mason come to OLC. Here is some of the feedback they gave us about our program:
Describe your weekend in a few sentences
- “We did a low ropes course on Saturday after doing several icebreakers. At night, we had an awesome campfire! On Sunday, we did the high ropes course in the morning.”
- “It was relaxing and serene. I learned a lot about myself and others. It was fun.”
- “Fun, challenging, great bonding experience.”
What was your favorite low-rope element and why?
- “We loved the Whale Watch! You need everyone’s participation for strategies, communication, trusting one another.”
- “Rope swing—it was fun and we still bonded and worked together.”
- “The web because everyone in the group played a special part.”
What was your favorite high-rope element and why?
- “The zip line! It took trust and was exhilarating and put people outside their comfort zones.”
- “Rope swing—exhilarating, helped me get over my fear of heights because I knew I was secure in the harness.”
- “Zip line because I felt free and it tested my trust.”
How was the food?
- “Yummy! The variety was very accommodating.”
- “Delicious! Superb coffee and the kitchen ladies were really nice.”
- “Wonderful! I loved the brownies and veggie options.”
Comments about the Staff?
- “All of them were encouraging and friendly.”
- “Fun! They treated us like adults; at other ropes courses I have been treated like a little kid. They were helpful and explained everything well.”
- “The staff was fun and easy to talk to :).”
Sum up your experience at Horizons in 5 words or less
- “Wonderful and beautiful.”
- “Fun, challenging, helpful, bonding experience.”
- “Memorable and adventurous.”